The Bay of Connections strategy has a number of 10 year, high level outcomes and objectives with the overarching aim for the people of the Bay of Plenty to enjoy socio-economic success.
- The people of the Bay of Plenty enjoy socio-economic success
- Per capita GDP in the region has grown faster than the national average.
- Average household income has increased faster than the national average.
- There has been a major reduction of households in the bottom quartile of national income.
- Stakeholders and agencies collaborate in effective partnerships.
- Sustainable business practices are increasing.
- There has been significant progress in advancing all key areas of focus.
The result - people, young and old who are happy to stay and invest their futures in the Bay of Plenty because it is the best place to live, work and play.